Click here to download
What You Should Know About Girl Scout Cookies
in .pdf format to print or share.
Please click gold links for documentation.
What's the Concern About Funding Girl Scout Councils and GSUSA?
- Girl Scouts USA (GSUSA) and local councils encouraged and celebrated girl members’ participation in the 2017 and 2018 pro-abortion Women’s March.
- Girl Scouts’ G.I.R.L. 2017 mega event, "the largest global gathering of girls and influencers," featured prominent abortion rights supporters Chelsea Clinton and Barbara Pierce Bush.
- Girl Scouts’ curriculum for girls, sold and promoted by every local Girl Scout council, recommends pro-abortion role models/organizations such as Betty Friedan, Gloria Steinem, Geraldine Ferraro, Hillary Clinton, Amnesty Intl., Population Council, ACLU, and National Organization For Women.
- GSUSA and local Girl Scout councils' on-line content honors and promotes pro-abortion politicians (Hillary Clinton), activists (Margaret Sanger), celebrities (Emma Watson), and media sites (Teen Vogue).
- GSUSA confirms that its local councils and troops may collaborate with Planned Parenthood.
- GSUSA is the largest member organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS), providing 2.6 million of its 10 million girl and adult members worldwide and paying approximately 1.5 million dollars annually to WAGGGS based on the number of registered GSUSA members.
- WAGGGS, which states that "anyone who is a Girl Guide or Girl Scout is automatically a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts," aggressively promotes youth reproductive/abortion and sexual rights, specifically on behalf of its 10 million members.
- GSUSA maintains memberships in abortion rights advocacy groups, including the Coalition for Adolescent Girls. Other organizations working alongside GSUSA in these groups include abortion providers International Planned Parenthood Federation and Marie Stopes International, and numerous organizations that push for unrestricted abortion rights.
Pro-life and Religious Organizations Expressing Concern
- Pro-life groups communicating concerns include National Right to Life, Missouri Right to Life, Oregon Right to Life, Pro-life Waco, and others.
- Catholic dioceses have published concerns to inform families: Archdiocese of Kansas City, KS. Archdiocese of St. Louis, Diocese of Colorado Springs, and Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau.
Where Does the Cookie Money Go?
- A girl's troop keeps an average of just 10 to 20 percent of the money she collects from selling cookies.
- The local council receives an average of 65 to 75 percent of the money collected by all local troops.
- GSUSA collects a royalty payment based upon its licensed trademark on every box of cookies produced. With approximately 200 million boxes of cookies sold annually, this amounts to millions of dollars of funding for GSUSA every year.