Click here to download the cookie flier below in .pdf format to print or share.
Where Does the Cookie Money Go?
- A girl's troop keeps an average of just 10 to 20 percent of the money she collects from selling cookies.
- The local council receives an average of 65 to 75 percent of the money collected by all local troops.
- Girl Scouts USA (GSUSA) collects a royalty payment based upon their licensed trademark on every box of cookies produced. With approximately 200 million boxes of cookies sold annually, and the cookie licensing payments accounting for 5 to 7 percent of GSUSA's budget, this amounts to millions of dollars of funding for GSUSA every year.
What's the Concern About Funding Girl Scout Councils and GSUSA?
- GSUSA, with over 2 million girl members, maintains relationships with many pro-abortion advocacy groups.
- Girl Scouts’ curriculum for girls, sold and promoted by every local Girl Scout council, recommends pro-abortion role models/organizations such as Betty Friedan, Gloria Steinem, Geraldine Ferraro, Hillary Clinton, Amnesty Intl., Population Council, ACLU and National Organization For Women (NOW).
- GSUSA and local Girl Scout councils connect girls to resources promoting abortion rights and inappropriate sexual content via official Girl Scout social media accounts.
- Across the country, local Girl Scout councils honor and promote abortion rights advocates and pro-abortion politicians; suggest girls work with organizations that fight for abortion on demand; and invite girls to attend events related to abortion rights advocacy and other controversial issues.
- GSUSA is the largest member organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS), making up one-third of its 10 million girl and adult members worldwide and paying approximately 1.5 million dollars annually to WAGGGS based on the number of registered GSUSA members.
- WAGGGS, which states that "anyone who is a Girl Guide or Girl Scout is automatically a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts," aggressively promotes youth reproductive/abortion and sexual rights, specifically on behalf of its 10 million members.