Click here to download
What You Should Know About Girl Scout Cookies
in .pdf format to print or share.
Please click gold links for documentation.
Where Does the Cookie Money Go?
- A girl's troop keeps an average of just 10 to 20 percent of the money she collects from selling cookies.
- The local council receives an average of 65 to 75 percent of the money collected by all local troops.
- Girl Scouts USA (GSUSA) collects a royalty payment based upon their licensed trademark on every box of cookies produced. With approximately 200 million boxes of cookies sold annually, this amounts to millions of dollars of funding for GSUSA every year.
What's the Concern About Funding Girl Scout Councils and GSUSA?
- Girl Scouts’ curriculum for girls, sold and promoted by every local Girl Scout council, recommends pro-abortion role models/organizations such as Betty Friedan, Gloria Steinem, Geraldine Ferraro, Hillary Clinton, Amnesty Intl., Population Council, ACLU, and National Organization For Women.
- Local Girl Scout councils and GSUSA honor and promote abortion rights advocates and pro-abortion politicians including Nancy Pelosi, Kathleen Sebelius, Wendy Davis, and Elizabeth Warren among many others.
- Local Girl Scout councils and GSUSA connect girls to resources promoting abortion rights and inappropriate sexual content via official Girl Scout social media accounts.
- GSUSA is the largest member organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS), providing 2.8 million of its 10 million girl and adult members worldwide and paying approximately 1.5 million dollars annually to WAGGGS based on the number of registered GSUSA members.
- WAGGGS, which states that "anyone who is a Girl Guide or Girl Scout is automatically a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts," aggressively promotes youth reproductive/abortion and sexual rights, specifically on behalf of its 10 million members.
- GSUSA maintains memberships in additional abortion advocacy groups, including the Coalition for Adolescent Girls and Re:Gender. Other organizations working alongside GSUSA in these groups include abortion providers International Planned Parenthood Federation and Marie Stopes International, and numerous organizations that push for unrestricted abortion rights, such as the Feminist Majority Foundation and the National Women's Law Center.