Click here to download
What You Should Know About Girl Scout Cookies
in .pdf format to print or share.
Please click gold links for documentation.
What's the Concern About Funding Girl Scout Councils and GSUSA?
- The Girl Scout organization participated in 2016 Presidential politics: Girl Scouts hosted and starred in a Hillary for America campaign ad; Girl Scouts partnered in post-election protests in New York City against President-elect Trump; and Girl Scouts celebrated Hillary Clinton's candidacy as a top 10 moment on 2016, honoring her as a "proud Girl Scout alum [who] made history and inspired many girls and women across the country."
- Girl Scouts’ curriculum for girls, sold and promoted by every local Girl Scout council, recommends pro-abortion role models/organizations such as Betty Friedan, Gloria Steinem, Geraldine Ferraro, Hillary Clinton, Amnesty Intl., Population Council, ACLU, and National Organization For Women.
- Local Girl Scout councils and Girl Scouts USA (GSUSA) honor and promote abortion rights advocates including Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, Donna Edwards, Nancy Pelosi, and Barbara Mikulski, among many others.
- GSUSA confirms that its local councils and troops may collaborate with Planned Parenthood.
- GSUSA is the largest member organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS), providing 2.6 million of its 10 million girl and adult members worldwide and paying approximately 1.5 million dollars annually to WAGGGS based on the number of registered GSUSA members.
- WAGGGS, which states that "anyone who is a Girl Guide or Girl Scout is automatically a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts," aggressively promotes youth reproductive/abortion and sexual rights, specifically on behalf of its 10 million members.
- GSUSA maintains memberships in abortion rights advocacy groups, including the Coalition for Adolescent Girls. Other organizations working alongside GSUSA in these groups include abortion providers International Planned Parenthood Federation and Marie Stopes International, and numerous organizations that push for unrestricted abortion rights.
Pro-life and Religious Organizations Expressing Concern
- Pro-life groups communicating concerns include National Right to Life, Missouri Right to Life, Oregon Right to Life, Pro-life Waco, and others.
- Catholic dioceses sharing concerns include Archdiocese of St. Louis, Diocese of Colorado Springs, Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau, and Archdiocese of Kansas City, KS.
Where Does the Cookie Money Go?
- A girl's troop keeps an average of just 10 to 20 percent of the money she collects from selling cookies.
- The local council receives an average of 65 to 75 percent of the money collected by all local troops.
- GSUSA collects a royalty payment based upon its licensed trademark on every box of cookies produced. With approximately 200 million boxes of cookies sold annually, this amounts to millions of dollars of funding for GSUSA every year.